Draco Aerosystems provides a wide range of management, certification, technical, design and engineering services for the international commercial aviation industry. Through its vast network, Draco provides the aviation industry with access to experienced hard-to-find expertise on an “as needed” basis. Our clients include Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China (COMAC), Civil Aviation Administration of China, Aviation Industry of China (AVIC) China Flight Test Establishment and other subsidiaries of AVIC, and other US major aircraft design companies and MROs. Draco Aerosystems was established in 2011.
Stephen Lee, CEO
30+ years of program management, international sales and business development experiences in aviation industry. Stephen represents companies on technical issues resolutions, sales, business development, business acquisitions, partnership strategy formulation, consultation, and execution involving US, China and Asia.
- Provides consultation and representation for companies seeking CAAC certification validation, 145 MOC and/or doing business with China. Provides sales, business development, and strategy development in Asia, especially China. Expanded and led Asia airplane and aftermarket aviation services sales growth for an aviation OEM.
- Provides strategy support for merger, acquisition, and corporate development for aviation and other industries. Led Joint Venture team for an OEM to set up a Sino-US Aviation MRO Joint Venture in Shanghai.
- Experienced in Venture Start-up, Business /Program Management
- Extensive relationships with airlines, government agencies and MROs in Asia and China
Mike Stewart, Director & Senior Advisor
Many years experiences in Business Unit Leadership with Profit and Loss Responsibility; International Business; Supplier Management and Procurement; Customer Support; Manufacturing; Program Management; Safety, Health and Environmental Affairs; Human Resources and Labor Relations
- Specializing in consultant services to MRO facilities and aircraft owners and operators, primarily involved in aircraft major modification, freighter conversion programs and engineering/certification services. Current clients in Asia, Europe and the United States.
- Led the development of Aircraft Freighter Conversion Business unit for a major OEM
- Led the integration of the engineering services units of the two companies for a major OEM, the integration of the Boeing AOG (Airplane on Ground) and McDonnell Douglas RAMS (Recovery and Modification Services) units. Established the new groups as operating P&L business units
- Extensive relationships with OEM and MROs worldwide
- Previously held positions:
- Vice President – Freighter Conversion Programs, Boeing Commercial Airplanes, March 1999 – Retirement in September 2006
- Vice President – Engineering Services, Boeing Commercial Airplanes, March 1998 – March 1999
- Vice President – Boeing-McDonnell Douglas Merger Team, January 1997 – March 1998
- Vice President – Boeing Corporate Employee Relations, 1994 – January 1997
- Vice President – Boeing Commercial Airplanes Human Resources, 1992-1994
- Director of Operations – Corporate Safety, Health and Environmental Affairs, The Boeing Company, 1991-1992
- Director of Administration and Human Resources – Boeing Military Airplanes, 1988-1991
- Director, Material Procurement Division – Boeing Commercial Airplanes, 1985-1988
Alex Deriugin, Director & Senior Advisor
30+ years successful experience providing fiscal, strategic and operations leadership. Currently; CEO of Rizhao Draco Aviation Technology LTD. Former President/CEO of an energy focused global green technology company. Expertise in strategic, vision, mission planning, policy and procedure development.
- Held key senior leadership positions in Operations, Program Management, Customer Support and Global Supply Chain Management with the Boeing Company.
- Boeing – DeHavilland Director of Material (Purchasing) and Purchasing Operations
- Boeing Change Board experiences
- In-depth international aviation & industrial market experience in Asia, North & South America, Europe, Africa & the Middle East
- Extensive experience in contract negotiations, lean manufacturing, strategic alliances, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions
Amy Zhang, Director & GM China
30+ years aviation industry related experiences in engineering management, international representation and business development
- Previously held positions:
- President and Majority Owner, Sino Aviation Equipment Co., Ltd. 2001 – Present
- China National Aero-Technology Import & Export Corporation, Shenzhen Branch (Import – Export of aviation equipment) – 1998 – 2001
- Maintenance Engineer, China Southern Airlines Shenzhen Branch 1993 – 1996
- Liaison Engineer MD82 Program- a Sino US cooperation program, Shanghai Aircraft Industry Corporation 1988 – 1993
- Stephen Lee
- Mike Stewart
- Alex Deriugin
- Amy Zhang
Learn more about what we can do to put our experience and knowledge in the aviation industry to work for you.
Looking to join our team?
We are always looking for exceptional talent.